Fresno Fire Department Credit Union was formed in 1935 by Captain Richard "Pappy" Hicks and the other 107 Fresno City firefighters. Each member paid a fifty-cent membership fee in order to establish a state charter. Captain Hicks originally used the Lieutenant's quarters upstairs at Station 4 as his office, as well as traveled to the other stations to conduct transactions. Over the past several decades, the membership eligibility has been expanded to include firefighters and their families from Fresno, Madera, Merced, Mariposa, Kings, and Tulare Counties and we now have a permanent location. While the credit union continues to grow, we maintain the same commitment as the original 108 members-to serve firefighters and their families. Our Board of Directors, Supervisory and Credit Committee members are all active or retired fire personnel who volunteer their time to ensure that the needs of the membership are met.
The following persons or organizations are eligible for membership in the credit union:
- Active and retired employees of the fire service living or working within the counties of Fresno, Madera, Merced, Mariposa, Kings, and Tulare Counties.
- Employees of Fresno Fire Department Credit Union.
- Family members related by blood or marriage to members of #1 and #2.
- Any organization of #1.
- The surviving family related by blood or marriage of deceased members of #1.
- Other Credit Unions organized under either Federal or State credit Union laws.
Fresno, CA 93710
(559) 228-0350 (fax)
Lost or Stolen Debit Card - 1-800-472-3272
Lost or Stolen Credit Card - 1-800-991-4964
- New Year's Day
- MLK Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving-Thursday and Friday
- Christmas Day
If the holiday falls on a Sunday, we are closed on Monday. If on Saturday, we are open on Friday.